If You Get Divorced
Once the divorce is finalized, you may want to change your beneficiary designation. If your former spouse was previously listed as your beneficiary (and you have not designated a different beneficiary), your Plan balance will remain payable to your former spouse on your death. You can change your beneficiary designation at any time by logging onto NetBenefits℠ at www.401k.com or by calling Fidelity's RSP Service Center at 877-PGE-401K (877-743-4015).
If your former spouse has an interest in your Retirement Savings Plan account, you should submit your endorsed-filed Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO), to the PG&E Law Department for review and implementation. If you have a pending divorce order – referred to as a Domestic Relations Order or "DRO", you may be restricted from taking withdrawals and distributions from your account until the QDRO is finalized. See additional information regarding QDROs under "Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs)."